Proper health care is a vital element for every student’s physical development and well-being. To keep our students healthy, Chaminade University supports State of Hawai`i health requirements and offers student health insurance plans.
Health Requirements for Newly Admitted Students
Completed Health Form
Complete and return the student health form included in your admissions packet. Attach all required documentation (see the table below). Mail to:
Chaminade University of Honolulu
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawai`i 96816
Medical clearance will be provided upon completion of these requirements through the Counseling Center. This clearance is needed prior to assuming occupancy in a residence hall and the confirmation of a class schedule.
Tests and Immunizations
Tuberculin Tests and MMR immunizations are required by the State of Hawai’i.
- In Hawai`i: Several clinics administer the tuberculin test free of charge to students entering college. For information on the clinic nearest you, check hawaii.gov/health/tb.
- Mainland and Other: For out-of-state students, the Department of Health in your city may also have a list of clinics that provide this service to students entering college.
TB (Tuberculosis) Test
- Required for all students
- Documentation Required: Provide a Copy of TB card of completed 3rd page of CUH health form
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization
- Required for all students
- Documentation Required: Provide a copy of immunization records or completed 3rd page of CUH health form
- Required for: Students residing in campus housing, International students and Athletes
- Documentation Required: Provide a copy of health insurance card
Discounted student health insurance plans are available through the Hawai`i Medical Service Association (HMSA) under the Chaminade University/University of Hawai’i Student Health Insurance Plans. Plans are also available to students through Kaiser Permanente. Students residing in Chaminade University housing, who are intercollegiate athletes or international students are required to provide proof of current health insurance coverage and will be asked to confirm coverage each semester.
Physicals for Athletes
A physical is required for all intercollegiate athletes. The physical form is available through the athletics department or by calling (808) 735-4790. The form must be completed prior to commencing practice or participating in competition.
Students living in Chaminade University housing without automobiles may qualify for free alternative means of transportation to and from the following health services clinics:
- Kapi`olani Medical Center
- Straub Hospital Honolulu
- Kaiser Permanente Honolulu
- Straub Clinic & Hospital Hawaii Kai
- Queen’s Medical Center
- Kahala Urgent Care
Please inquire with staff in Residential Life for more information.
The forms listed below are available in PDF format and can be obtained from our office or printed from the Chaminade Portal. If you need assistance with accessing the portal, please visit the Client Services website for login instructions.
- Undergraduate Student Health Form
- Professional and Continuing Education Student Health Form
- Immunization Religious Exemption Waiver